Saturday, April 18, 2009

What is the real issue at hand?

I might get a lot of flack for this but I don't care. A lot of Christians are fighting along side the group "The Invisible Children", which in itself not a bad thing. This young group of filmmakers are doing a wonderful job at turning "apathy into activism", by telling stories through media about the child soldiers in Northern Uganda. The problem I have noticed is the lack of "activism" in our own nation on behalf of those who have no voice.(Proverbs 31:8-9 NKJV) I think it's awesome that they are getting the word out and are actually doing something with the experiences they have had.
It's easier to jump on the justice bandwagon to fight for justice in another country because you are less likely to be vilified. It's not as scary, and you are in the safety of your own home. And because it's a common cause to run with, it's easier to make friends, not enemies. Similarly are the reasons why people do not stand up for the unborn. During the trans-Atlantic slavery era, sugar and other goods were harvested by the hands and blood of the black African people that we're sold into slavery. Only after a cry was heard opposing this horrid injustice, were there outlets for slave-free goods. Again, we see the injustice rise in the Woman's Rights issues of abortion and contraceptives. I hear many men and women say, "I don't support abortion, I just get my condoms, or my birth-control from Planned Parenthood." Uhh, do you see a hole in this? I know I do. If we are not standing up for those who do not have a voice(Proverbs 31:8-9 NKJV), then the blood of over 50,000,000 babies(in America since January 22, 1973) is on our hands. In more blatant terms, if we choose to stay silent, and turn a blind eye on the slaughtering of innocent blood(Jeremiah 22:3), then we are as guilty as those whom did nothing during the Holocaust.
But the issue that we need to go after is comfort. We've made friends with our demons and don't want to lay down our lives for another(John 15:13), so that they might prosper. "Don't tell me I can't have my sugar. I don't support slavery, but how else am I going to get my sugar?" Or how about this one, "I don't support abortion, but I like the freedom to choose when I will have kids."
The real evils are rooted in our desire to live and not die. Jesus knew what He was going after when in Mark 8:34-38, He essentially said, "The only way to live is to die and that's through my cross."
Sadhu Sundar Singh, said it clearly,
"It is easy to die for Christ. It is hard to live for him. Dying takes only an hour or two, but to live for Christ means to die daily."

I truly believe that The real "invisible children" are in the womb.

I leave you with this-

This is what the LORD says: Do what is just and right.
Rescue from the hand of his oppressor the one who has been robbed.
Do no wrong or violence to the alien, the fatherless or the widow,
and do not shed innocent blood in this place. (Jeremiah 22:3)

They shed innocent blood,
the blood of their sons and daughters,
whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan,
and the land was desecrated by their blood. (Psalm 106:38)

Isaac prayed hard to God for his wife because she was barren.
God
answered his prayer and Rebekah became pregnant.
But the children tumbled and kicked inside her so much that she said,
"If this is the way it's going to be, why go on living?"
She went to God to find out what was going on. God told her,
Two nations are in your womb,
two peoples butting heads while still in your body.
One people will overpower the other,
and the older will serve the younger. (Genesis 25:21-22)

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them. (Psalm 139:13-16)

God loves babies, He says that they are people in the womb, NOT fetuses. He hates the killing of innocent bloodshed. Please stand for the cause of the unborn. Even though God has ordained government over us, to protect us, We appeal to a higher Judge, a higher court to execute His Rightouesness and His Justice!

If you are unsure how to get involved, I would reccomend starting with the following:

  • Know all the facts. Why are you Pro-Life, why are abortion and contraceptives wrong? Why do we need to care?
  • Get the message out. Talk to friends and family about the injustices of abortion.
  • Create your message through mixed media; i.e. blogs, flyers, informational brochures ectra.
  • Write your local and federal judicial systems. Appeal to all levels.
Remember, it only takes one person to start something!

0 {comments}: